GET READY FOR SCHOOL Our Begin to Learn Program aims to prepare your child for a positive start when they begin primary school.
Our School Readiness preparation helps children to explore their interests. The idea is to give children the academic tools with which to explore their own imaginations. It is a journey of foundation, exploration, curiosity, enthusiasm and passion.
We deliver an hour lesson per week to develop motor, comprehension, literacy and numeracy skills so that they feel comfortable when they start their schooling in the following year.
We would love for you to visit our centre to meet us and find out what difference K12 Academy can make in your young ones' life.
WHY SHOULD YOU PREPARE?
Our school readiness program is thoughtfully designed to facilitate an easier transition into school life. The activities are built to ensure that kids develop the appropriate skills that their future learning will be built upon. When they start their school not only are they ready for academic activities, but they also already know a much broader range of cognitive and perceptual skills, such as: attention and concentration, use of materials, emotional regulation, language skills and social skills.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- Your child will build recognition of letters and numbers through fun activities
- Build recognition of words that experts suggest are the most integral and frequent in reading
- Use a wide variety of material objects to suit learning to the child's needs
- K12 Academy will provide each child with hard-copy workbooks that are designed to improve problem solving skills
- Provide craftwork to develop fine motor skills and encourage child to creatively express themselves
- Provide group activities that foster healthy emotional and social relationships between the children and teachers